Worldwide with Bret Lyon, PhD, SEP and Sheila Rubin, LMFT, RDT/BCT
Four Fridays: Nov 8, 15 & 22, Dec 6 and anytime by recording
13 CEs available* (CAMFT Approved CE Provider #134393)
To register online: https://healingshame.com/new-events/2019/sex-and-shame-fall-online:
For further information contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
In this workshop, we will offer tools you can use to help clients talk about, explore and heal the sexual shame that can arise at any stage in the life cycle — and help them towards a life-affirming sexuality. You will:
– Discover ways to help clients become aware of the many, often conflicting messages they received about body image and sexuality from family and society.
– Learn ways to help clients repair the disconnect between self and others — and between parts of the self — that has been created by shaming, inappropriate behavior or abuse.
– Develop tools for couples to understand their shame triggers and communicate about taboo sexual topics.
– Work with the shame that can cause and result from affairs.
– Identify challenges in being a sexual minority in society and the layers of shame that can occur.
– Unfreeze shame and open life force in a grounded and embodied way, helping clients to access and safely explore their sexual energy.
“I loved the online course. Zoom made it as close to reality as technologically possible. The class size was perfect, enough people for stimulating questions and conversation and small enough to feel intimate. The charts you provided will be so useful., I’m already benefiting watching the recordings, gleaning even more the second time around.”
Charlette Mikulka, LCSW, author of “Peace in the Heart and Home”