with Bret Lyon, PhD, SEP and Sheila Rubin, LMFT, RDT/BCT
Saturday & Sunday July 20 & 21, ONLINE in future
830 Bancroft Way, Suite 102
13 CEs available* (CAMFT Approved CE Provider #134393)
To register online: https://healingshame.com/new-events/2019/3/24/shameandaging-13-ceus-6mrbk-grgte:
For further information contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
For Guidebook, Webinars & Articles www.healingshame.com: -> https://healingshame.com/
In this workshop, we will explore and learn to be more comfortable with our own aging process. which starts in our thirties, when we have barely begun to enjoy our adulthood, and we will explore ways to help clients talk about, explore and heal their own shame around aging in a society that worships eternal youth. We will:
– Discover ways to help clients become aware of the many messages they received and continue to receive about aging and body image from family and society.
– Learn ways to help clients cope with the shame of not being able to do all that they once did.
– Understand counter-shaming techniques to help ourselves and our clients find pride and joy in the new reality – seeing that there are real gains as well as losses in this new stage of life.
– Work with the shame that can cause and result from sicknesses and injuries.
– Identify challenges in being looked at as unimportant and “not up to par” by a youth-oriented society and the layers of shame that can occur.
– Discover how to make the necessary adjustments so we can regain access to the life force and creativity that we still have in a grounded and embodied way.
Bret Lyon, PhD, SEP and Sheila Rubin, LMFT, RDT/BCT are co-founders and co-directors of the Center for Healing Shame. They have co-lead workshops on Healing Shame in many cities in the US and Canada and also online worldwide. Both have trained in EFT with Sue Johnson and AEDP with Diana Fosha. Bret is also certified in Focusing and Somatic Experiencing. He holds doctorates in both Psychology and Drama. Sheila is also a Registered Drama Therapist who integrates somatic, expressive and attachment modalities. She has also trained in Hakomi. She is adjunct faculty at CIIS and JFK.
“I want to thank you guys again for a wonderful, stimulating, evocative workshop. I think that the perspective you bring to the central importance of shame in healing the psyche is unique and timely. The safe environment that you created in the group was special”
– Paul Aiken, Certified EFT trainer
“Thank you, Bret and Sheila, for a truly amazing weekend. I applied so much of what I learned, and I immediately saw how effective your methods were and what a difference they made.”
— Barbara Huson, author of “Sacred Success” and many other books on women, wealth and power.
“Bret and Sheila provide a clear and helpful roadmap for understanding and healing shame. With extraordinary clarity and wisdom, they illuminate the ways that shame shows up and skillfully guide us to help our clients (and ourselves) move toward a fuller and richer life.”
— John Amodeo, Ph.D., author of “Dancing With Fire” and many other books on relationships and spirituality