with Sheila Rubin, LMFT, RDT/BCT and Bret Lyon, PhD, SEP
13 CE credits available (CAMFT Approved CE Provider #134393)
Fee $350 ($325 with full payment by September 28)
To register online: https://healingshame.com/new-events/2019/imaginal-resources:
For further information contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
For Guidebook, Webinars & Articles www.healingshame.com: -> https://healingshame.com/
When clients get stuck in shame, the most powerful way to help them get unstuck may be to activate their imagination. In the Imaginal Realm, logic and time are fluid and flexible. What actually happened can be explored and changed. What was stuck in the cognitive realm can be reexamined and shifted. Shaming situations from the past can be revisited and resolved. In this workshop, we will utilize techniques from Drama Therapy, Focusing, Expressive Arts Therapy, Jungian creative imagination and Hakomi. We will explore the critical voices and/or the childhood scenes that are still driving the internal shame dynamic in the client.
You will learn to help clients:
– Externalize shame so that it can be worked with directly.
– Work with roles, parts and shame-based introjects.
– Access strength, resilience, inner resources and role repertoire.
– Find a deeper understanding by working with objects you already have in your office.
– Utilize imaginal techniques to give the shame back, so that it stays in the Imaginal Realm.
Once the shame is worked through in the Imaginal Realm, the client can reconnect with the “real world” with new energy, passion and understanding.